Css.infospace.com is a browser hijacker which sets your default search engine as css.infospace.com. As a result, all your search queries are redirected through this domain. Well, whether you like it or not – the responsibility for bringing this hijacker into your browser is laid upon you only. This most probably happened after you installed some freeware application with its installer bundled with css.infospace.com. You may find out how to get rid of this search engine redirection issue by reading the remainder of this article.
Technically we can’t categorize css.infospace.com as malware. Because it’s not a virus in the broad or narrow sense of this word. Instead, what it does is hijacking your browser and making you experience certain slowdown of your search experience, which is now redirected through css.infospace.com. There are many other browser hijackers which operate on the platform of this domain. When your browser has been hijacked by them the home page may be different, whereas the very search will be permanently redirected through this one domain.
The reasons why browser hijackers like css.infospace.com exist is because this brings money to its owners. They get paid for placing online ads together with the redirected and hijacked search results. Obviously, this is good for the owners of this hijacker and really bad for users of the computers which got attacked by it. Why is it so? Again, the slowdown of search is dramatic when implemented through css.infospace.com. Plus, the search results are often totally irrelevant to user’s expectations. Hence, please follow the guide on automatic detection and removal of css.infospace.com browser hijacker.
Download css.infospace.com removal tool:
Css.infospace.com redirect removal milestones:
- Scan your PC with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to remove all forms of malware residing on your PC.
- In Trojan Killer’s open window click “Tools” and select “Reset browser settings“.
- Give your permission for Trojan Killer to reset browser settings:
- You will get the following confirmation message:
- If you still have any problems with browser redirection via css.infospace.com, please get in touch with us through support link for additional assistance.