We are indeed very sorry to notify you of another junkware that is now very severe in attacking so many PCs in the world wide web. This time it is called McAVG. What a shameless forgery indeed. We have just issued the newsletter about AVG Antivirus 2011 rogue application, and here we are facing another cyber parasite hiding its true face under the mask of reputable name of famous AVG corporation. However, the truth is that McAVG we are talking about now has nothing to do with AVG company. Still, this is a virus, a malware that should be wiped off you computer immediately.
We have been able to discover the main peculiarities of McAVG virus. First of all, it should be noted that McAVG is not able to do any good deed for your PC. It should be emphasized that McAVG is also known as McAVG 2011. After successful infiltration inside of your PC it would initiate its annoying popups and presenting counterfeit scan results as a scam trick. This is, beyond any doubt, quite a scaring technique for pushing PC users into purchasing the McAVG tool making them convinced that this is so far the only excellent solution for removal of its annoying warnings.
Needless to mention, McAVG does not have the capability to detect and deal with PC pests, such as spyware, viruses, Trojans and all other real threats. You should understand that McAVG was purposefully developed by cyber criminal who try to steal your funds using their fake security programs like McAVG.
Well, to make the long story short, as soon as you ever encounter McAVG in front of your screen please delete it at once either manually or with the help of reputable and decent anti-virus tool. Do not loiter with this. Otherwise you may really regret for your failure to act accordingly.
McAVG automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
McAVG manual removal guide:
Delete McAVG files:
Delete McAVG registry entries:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell “%AppData%\[random].exe”