The ways hackers select to make users waste funds in their favor are surely tricky. These days a massive campaign is being run by the pack of online frauds who want to get easy cash through deception of online users, primarily in the USA and Canada. There’s a serious virus that locks computers in the US. It is presented in the form of a message supposedly coming from FBI. In fact, it has nothing to do with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, nothing at all.
If you ever happen to see the warning on your screen supposedly coming from FBI please keep in mind that this is, most probably, a fake FBI alert. It is the product of online crooks who want to obtain easy cash from deceived and tricked users today. Such an application is rightfully referred to as ransomware, i.e. the application that locks the desktop of your computer and asks for a ransom to be paid in favor of the crooks.
In the majority of the cases the virus accuses users of committing various crimes online. For example, the accusation is about watching a lot of illegal sinful information over the Internet, downloading pirated software, as well as audio and video files, distributing massive unsolicited spam messages around various addressees, supporting the sites of terrorist organizations and performing various other crimes online. Without a doubt, such information does not coincide with the truth.
FBI ransomware will eventually prompt you into paying the fake fine (but real money) in favor of cyber frauds through indication of GreenDot MoneyPak PIN code in the respective section of the ransomware locker. Of course, if you do so then you’re committing a serious mistake. Please, don’t ever waste funds so easily. Remove this hoax from your system as described in the ransomware removal guidelines below.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.