There are thousand different websites on the internet that are considered dangerous or phishing. The Search Privacy is one of them. Creators of this page are promoting it as a legit private search engine that will protect your privacy, but they are spreading it as a browser hijacker and using it for their own purposes.
Developers of Search Privacy hijacker page are promoting this resource as a legit search engine. It has its own official website where it is advertised as a normal product for Chrome. But they are wrapping the installation of this page in the installation of other programs, this method is called bundling. Besides that, they are not ashamed of using viral adverts and redirects, spam messaging on forums, skype, comments.
It is strongly advised to pay attention to the installation of programs you download. Hijackers like Search Privacy can be installed along with these programs. During this installation, hijacker will change some of your browser settings, namely, your homepage and a default search engine will be set on Search Privacy website. It looks like a normal search engine, but because of the installation way it is considered as a browser hijacker. Cyber criminals are often using such pages to collect information on users, modern trends to improve program disguise. This information can be sold by them or used for their own malicious purposes. These are the reasons why Search Privacy hijacker should be removed as soon as possible. To do that, just follow the steps below.
How to remove Search Privacy hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Search Privacy hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Search Privacy” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Search Privacy hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search Privacy virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before procceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!