In this removal tutorial, we will show you the Dnav.com page and explain why such pages are dangerous for your computer. This web page attaches to your browser without you noting it and starts its malicious activity. Which is why it is advised to remove such threats as soon as possible.
Cyber criminals have their ways to spread malicious programs among users. They often wrapping the installation of hijackers like Dnav.com into the installation of other programs and placing them on the internet. There are also other ways to install viruses – spam messaging, viral adverts and redirects, wrapped downloaders. Also, developers are promoting Dnav.com hijacker as a legit searching service.
After the successful installation of Dnav.com hijacker, this page will start to appear in your browser as a home page. During the installation of this hijacker, it will change your browser settings on its own. Because of this behavior, this website is considered as a browser hijacker. It looks like a simple and absolutely normal search engine, but cyber criminals often using such pages as information collectors. They can sell this information to other people or use it for their own good. These are the reasons why we advise you to remove Dnav.com hijacker from your computer and scan it for possible other infection inside. Follow the removal guide below to do that.
How to remove Dnav.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Dnav.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Dnav.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Dnav.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Dnav.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!