The ChromoSearch is a website that looks like a legit search engine but because of the installation way it is considered as a browser hijacker. Some users think of this web page as a helpful instrument, but it uses deceptive and not very decent ways to break in your system and after that it is able to change your browser settings, messing with them for its own benefit.
There are a lot of ways for this kind of virus to be installed on your computer. ChromoSearch uses bundling method of breaking into users\” systems. In this method, a hijacker wrapped in the installation of other free programs and installs along with them without you noticing.
And once ChromoSearch is inside, you will see this website every time you open your browser. Your homepage and default search engine will be set on this web resource. This trick is very common and effective among software spreaders. Although ChromoSearch page is not malicious, it is still a browser hijacker and it can redirect you to different viral pages. You can be infected with more malicious programs, by visiting such website. We advise you to remove ChromoSearch off you PC as soon as you will be aware of its presence. Check our removal guide below to do that.
How to remove ChromoSearch hijacker?
If your computer is infected with ChromoSearch hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “ChromoSearch” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for ChromoSearch hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with ChromoSearch virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before procceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!