Wizzcaster.com/redirect is a malicious domain name involved in causing many problems for users. They see the load of such pop-up windows and do not know what they’re all about. Surely, such pop-up windows distract the attention of each users horrible, since they do not allow to concentrate on things that are really important. So, what are these pop-ups all about and what can you do to stop their continuous occurrence?
Wizzcaster.com/redirect pop-ups, in fact, prove that your system has been contaminated with some horrible adware. You will not be able to stop permanent appearance of these pop-up windows until you fully eliminate adware as their source. However, when trying to get rid of wizzcaster.com/redirect pop-ups many users experience many difficulties. They check the list of all legally installed applications and are not able to identify anything suspicious. Still, when going online they keep getting bombarded by the huge number of such pop-up windows.
According to the information from Alexa site ranking, wizzcaster.com/redirect pop-ups are gaining more and more ‘popularity’ in overall online traffic. However, this does not mean that users like these pop-ups. This simply proves that hackers put more and more efforts into distribution of malicious utilities which utilize wizzcaster.com/redirect pop-ups as a method of promoting illegal domains.
Wizzcaster.com/redirect pop-up windows may occur in browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. When there are so many massive pop-ups browsers spewing them out will function extremely slow. Eventually, the entire system may start functioning extremely sluggish and you will not be able to use your PC at all.
We strongly advise that you delete wizzcaster.com/redirect pop-ups by thoroughly scanning your computer with a reliable anti-malware application named GridinSoft Anti-Malware. You will need to delete all malicious items found by it and to reset your browsers with its help. In case you need more assistance on our part, do not hesitate to get in touch with us for further assistance.
wizzcaster.com/redirect removal guide
Step1. Remove wizzcaster.com virus from the browser
Here is the simple way to remove wizzcaster.com/redirect from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by wizzcaster.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and wizzcaster.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that wizzcaster.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove wizzcaster.com/redirect pop-up from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed wizzcaster.com pop-up virus!
Video guide on how to remove wizzcaster.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with wizzcaster.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.