In this removal guide, you will see how to remove start.myplaycity.com website from your browser. This page is considered as a browser hijacker and advised for removal. By following steps below you will be able to get rid of this threat and prevent this kind of infection in the future.
Cybercriminals have a lot of ways to spread their malicious program among users. For hijackers like start.myplaycity.com, there are few methods that are very effective. Among them are wrapped downloaders, fake official websites, spamming on forums and comments. Hijackers are also posing as legit searching services, in most cases, to make users believe.
If you start seeing start.myplaycity.com page in your browser on every start, then most likely your computer is infected with a hijacker virus. During the installation of a hijacker, it changes some of your browser settings to make that happen. Usually, options like a home page and a default searching provider are changing to show hijackers. But that is not all, some hijackers are able to add parameters in browser shortcuts. Actions, specified in these parameters, are performing before every start of a browser.
Because of all these activities, the start.myplaycity.com website is considered dangerous and advised for removal. Follow the removal instruction below to do that.
How to remove start.myplaycity.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with start.myplaycity.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “start.myplaycity.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for start.myplaycity.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with start.myplaycity.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!