This removal tutorial will show you how to remove home.serenefind.com hijacker page and its extension. We have reasons to believe that home.serenefind.com page is a dangerous hijacker that may cause some serious problems in your system, which is why you should remove it as soon as possible.
The home.serenefind.com is a browser hijacker that installs along with other free programs, that can be downloaded from viral websites. This method of installation is called bundling and it is quite common among software spreaders. But they are also advertising home.serenefind.com page as a legit service through its official website.
The installation of home.serenefind.com comes from an extension that can be downloaded from official website manually. This extension attaches to a Google Chrome and changes its settings to make your browser open home.serenefind.com hijacker page on every start. Also, the shortcut of Google Chrome may also be changed by this hijacker. In a \”Target\” malicious program can add parameters that will make your browser redirect all home page on this particular page.
This behavior can be very dangerous for your safety. Cyber criminals are using hijacker like home.serenefind.com to collect information on its users and then sell it to a third-party people. On a search result page, you may face with some viral ads and pop-ups, that will redirect you to other potentially viral and phishing pages. These are the reasons why it is advised to remove home.serenefind.com hijacker virus and clear your computer from all potential threats that may be inside. Follow the steps below to do that.
How to remove home.serenefind.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with home.serenefind.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “home.serenefind.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for home.serenefind.com hijacker:
Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
The installation of our program was developed to be very fast. As a result, with only 1 click you will be able to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware and procced to the removal process in no time. This feature allows to save some time on already infected computers.
Finaly, when the installation is over, open the program and perform a scan. During the first start of GridinSoft Anti-Malware, it will perform “Quick scan” automaticly, unless users canlces it manually. If it doesn’t – go to “Scan” tab – click “Quick scan” button.
When scanning process is complete, you will see a window with detected items that you need to remove. In this window you will see a “Apply to all” field, you need to choose “Move to quaratine” there. This will isolate all detected items and move them into quarantine folder. You will be able to restore files from there.
Most hijackers are altering browser settings to make them open these pages at every start. GridinSoft Anti-Malware can change these options and remove hijackers like home.serenefind.com from all popular browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge). To remove hijacker from your browser – open “Tools” tab and press “Reset Browser Settings“.
You will see “Reset browser settings” window. It contains 3 columns. In the first column you need to choose your infected(!!) browser. In second column we advise you to choose “Start page“, “Search engines” and “Cache” options. You can also choose other settings to reset, but remember – you may completely remove all settings from your browser. If you don’t know what option to select – follow our advice.
In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can enable the feature, that will block any attempt to install viruses and malicious content on your computer. It is called “On-Run Protection”. To turn this function – go to “Protection” tab – click “Start” button at top left corner of the window.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automaticaly, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer befor procceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!