FBI virus has been on the lips of many users all over the world. This ransomware attacked various countries, not only the United States of America. Hackers produced this scam specifically for the purposes of targeting many users in various countries with the intention to steal money from them. This theft is carried out by means of deceiving users with a lot of faulty information presented in the text of the locker. In the majority of the cases the message claims about itself to be originated by the US police known as FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation). The scary alert says that this or that particular user was found to perform a lot of illegal activities through his/her computer. Thus, the locker says, “the computer has been locked” due to the reasons stipulated in the ransomware. As a way to unlock it, hackers instruct users to donate certain amount of funds through GreenDot MoneyPak payment system by means of indication of a special voucher or PIN code in the respective section of the ransomware’s notification.
Without hesitation we can assert that obeying the fraudulent instructions of the crooks as described in the text of the ransomware’s locker is a serious mistake. Why is it so? Because once you pay the fake fine, penalty or forfeit (ransom prices) the chances are that you will never get your money back from the crooks. For this reason you should immediately come to the clear understanding of the fact that this FBI warning is a virus, not a real notification from the US police. Hence, ignoring the contents of FBI scam is of utmost importance on the way to successful elimination of this scam. Then you will, of course, need to find some tutorial that will help you unlock your system and fix it. By the way, it doesn’t really matter how many times you restart your machine in a general manner. The locked status will persist and remain.
What is the best way to remove FBI virus warning? There are several things you should keep in mind. The very running of certain anti-virus software doesn’t yet guarantee the successful elimination of this Trojan. What you must first do is to undertake some preparatory steps that are manual. This will facilitate the subsequent automatic removal of this nasty malicious locker. Please follow the guidelines below that will help you understand how to deal with this virus effectively with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.