Do you have a problem with your computer being blocked by the United States Department of Justice? Well, we know the source of the problem you have. Your system is most probably blocked not because you downloaded any particular illegal software, audio or video files, or some other illegal sinful content. The reason why your PC is now locked is because of hackers and their malicious activity. Hence, they’ve developed a new ransomware program that attacks the citizens of the United States of America and completely locks, hijacks and disables their computers. The locker, upon successful execution, replaces the current desktop theme, background,etc. with its scary notification supposedly coming from the Department of Justice of the USA. Well, the truth is that this warning has nothing to do with the DOJ, in fact. Nevertheless, it says this: “The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of the violation of the law of the United States of America”.
Without any doubt, performing the actions as described in the text of this warning is a bad thing. It is not good when someone downloads illegal software. It is not a decent practice to download illegal audio and video samples and clips. And, without hesitation, we can say that it is an extremely evil practice to download, view and spread all evil contents that harm your heart and bring damage to your soul. But it is also a bad thing to deceive people, and this is exactly what hackers do by developing this ransomware locker. They’re not the judges to condemn users of performing crimes, since they themselves have committed a lot of crimes online. They deceive simple and trusting computer users. They push them to waste their money as a ransom price to unlock their computers. Thus, they steal money from common people. Regretfully, some users have been already scared to death with the above-mentioned scary warning, which is the product of cyber frauds and not the United States Department of Justice.
Hackers prompt users to indicate GreenDot MoneyPak voucher codes in the respective section of the ransomware locker. Doing so is a serious mistake, because the funds in this case will, most probably, never be refunded. If your computer has been attacked by the United States Department of Justice ransomware, please ignore the contents of the scary warning completely and seek for the right solution to unlock your system effectively. We surely recommend you to follow our pattern of malware removal with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer as described below.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.