The CleanThis virus is another flavor of widely-distributed malicious tool called Think Point. CleanThis pretends to be as a decent anti-virus program on web sites that were designed indeed for cheating people and distribute this badware among PC users. An associated Trojan also spreads by earlier to infect web sites and make them to automatically run a rogue program on user’s computer.
This online malicious tool will arrange deceitful scanning and offer users to download and install a commercial version of CleanThis program. It is not easy for users to identify that it is infection because it will mask its real goals and will pretend to look after your system, besides it has rather attractive interface and at first sight it is difficult to say that it is rogue. Most of all it may turn out that it was part of the Windows operating system.
Victims may be bombarded with variety of pop up ads and taskbar warning messages. It will also prevent from function any programs from launching and it is stated that the file is contaminated. We advise to clean the computer from this pest, otherwise a new browser window will open and offer to obtain the registration key of CleanThis by paying with the help of your credit card. Don’t be deceived by this rogue application, if by some reasons it has penetrated to your PC, start scanning of system with the decent security application below. It is able to get rid of any forms of fake software including CleanThis virus.You can get all this done by following the guide supplied below. We offer you a choice between manual and automated computer cleaning. The method you select is up to you.
CleanThis automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
CleanThis manual removal guide:
Delete CleanThis files:
Delete CleanThis registry entries:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentConfiguration\Winlogon\\Shell = %AppData%\gog.exe