We would like to draw your utmost attention to the fact of appearance of Antivirus Scan. Bear in mind that this is nothing but a new family member in the well-spread clan of Antivirus Action fake anti-spyware tools. Needless to say, the general appearance of it is very close to Antivirus Action.
Antivirus Scan generally comes to computers via certain trojan and other system vulnerabilities, and when this task is finally accomplished you probably will not even see this. However, later on you will encounter the consequences of such interference. The presence of Antivirus Scan on your system may be the cause of some quite reasonable amendments made by such group of malware tools. First it would change your system by creating some registry entries and inventing files that may greatly slow down your system performance. Moreover, it modifies your system in such a way that it will be started very soon upon each system restart. As soon as it is up and running Antivirus Scan will start some fake scan that normally takes place without your command or approval. The scanner will always report some applications as malicious ones, even though they are quite reputable. Later on Antivirus Scan would try to scare you and make you believe you have certain very serious security issues due to supposed presence of many threats on your computer. Upon reporting of many computer risks and security issues Antivirus Scan will initiate many popup alerts that would state you have some serious security problems so that you could finally be convinced to pay for the registered version of this junkware. Antivirus Scan also hijacks your web browser on the compromised machine, that’s why the user is not able to browse the requested web-resources without first surfing some payment pages and false browser warnings of Antivirus Scan. Quite annoying, isn’t it?
Thus, taking into consideration the above-mentioned, Antivirus Scan is a very threatening tool that should be removed from any PC by all means. The instructions given below are elaborated especially to help you get rid of Antivirus Scan rogue without any problems. This remedy includes both manual and automatic manual removal guidelines.
Antivirus Scan automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:Program FilesGridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Antivirus Scan manual removal guide:
Instructions on how to restore your Internet connection:
1. Start Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options as shown in the image below:
2. Select Connections tab and now click on the Lan Settings button as shown in the image below:
3. Under the Proxy Server section uncheck the checkbox “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and press the OK button to close this screen:
Delete Antivirus Scan files
Delete Antivirus Scan Registry entries
HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “Antivirus Scan”
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerPhishingFilter “Enabled” = “0″
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyOverride” = “”
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1:33921″
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyEnable” = “1″