Antivirus .NET is a new family member in the well-spread clan of Antivirus Scan, Antivirus Action fake anti-spyware tools. Antivirus .NET generally comes to computers via certain trojan and other system vulnerabilities, and when this task is finally accomplished you probably will not even see this. However, later on you will encounter the consequences of such interference.
The presence of Antivirus .NET on your system may be the cause of some quite reasonable amendments made by such group of malware tools. First it would change your system by creating some registry entries and inventing files that may greatly slow down your system performance. Antivirus .NET modifies your system in such a way that it will be started very soon upon each system restart. Antivirus .NET will start some fake scan process that normally takes place without your command or approval. The scanner will always report some files as malicious ones, even though they are quite reputable. Later on Antivirus .NET would try to scare you and make you believe you have certain very serious security issues due to supposed presence of many threats on your computer. Upon reporting of many computer risks and security issues Antivirus .NET will initiate many popup alerts that would state you have some serious security problems so that you could finally be convinced to pay for the registered version of this junkware. Antivirus .NET also hijacks your web browser on the compromised machine, that’s why the user is not able to browse the requested web-resources without first surfing some payment pages and false browser warnings of Antivirus .NET.
Antivirus .NET is a very threatening tool that should be removed from any PC by all means. The instructions given below are elaborated especially to help you get rid of Antivirus .NET rogue without any problems. This remedy includes both manual and automatic manual removal guidelines.
Antivirus .NET automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:Program FilesGridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Antivirus .NET manual removal guide:
Instructions on how to restore your Internet connection:
1. Start Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options as shown in the image below:
2. Select Connections tab and now click on the Lan Settings button as shown in the image below:
3. Under the Proxy Server section uncheck the checkbox “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and press the OK button to close this screen:
Delete Antivirus .NET files
Delete Antivirus .NET Registry entries
HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “Antivirus .NET”
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerPhishingFilter “Enabled” = “0″
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1:33921″
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyEnable” = “1″